I was born in the mountains of Poland, and I’ve always felt like the mountains are calling my name. That’s why I was super excited when I was finally able to organize a trip to Banff and Jasper. It had been at the top of my travel bucket list for about a year now. I’m so glad I had a chance to go with two girlfriends – and you better be sure I’ll be returning soon! We went for 4 days/three nights with the intention of hiking, relaxing and taking in the sights. If you’re planning on going here are some suggestions as well as my ideal itinerary for a getaway.
· Transportation – renting a car is a must! The closest airport is Calgary and we rented a car there.
· Lodging – Banff and Canmore are the closest cities to stay in. Banff books up pretty fast so Canmore is where we stayed (only about a 25 min drive from Banff and cheaper!). We stayed at a super cute cottage from AirBnb
· Currency – all places take credit cards and even USD. If you pay in USD, they will give you back CAD.
· Gear – Bear spray is a must (luckily we didn’t have to use it)! Hiking shoes will be your best friend. Depending on what time of the year you go – make sure to check the weather because it can get pretty chilly!
· Places to eat – We loved the Grizzly House in Banff. Both towns have tons of breweries and pubs.